Ford issues a recall for 3,072 units of the Fiesta
Ford India will be recalling 3,072 units of its Fiesta sedan. The recall has been issued in order to replace a suspected faulty part which is used to start the diesel engine in the car. A part of the glow plug module, this component helps in controlling the entire starting process of the Fiesta's diesel motor.
The new design glow plug module is said to be waterproof. Customers of the affected vehicle will be contacted by Ford dealers. The replacement, if needed, will be carried out free of charge. The affected cars were manufactured between October 2010 and December 2011. This includes units of the Classic as well as the facelift.
"This is a proactive, voluntary recall action to ensure customers' safety and satisfaction and no accidents or injuries related to this concern have been reported," says Ford India.
- Great Wall Motor quits India after 2 years of operation
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder officially unveiled