Ford India recalls 20,752 EcoSports
The highest selling model of Ford India, the EcoSport is being recalled and 20,752 units are being called back to the service stations for a fuel and vapour line corrosion concern. Ford will also be checking the EcoSports for reorienting the wiring harness for the right deployment of the side airbags. Vehicles which are affected have been manufactured between January 2013-September 2014. Ford has already started contacting customers and asking them to bring the vehicles to the service centres.
All the 20,752 EcoSports have been made in India at Ford's Chennai plant. Globally 34,132 cars have been recalled for the vapour and fuel line corrosion issue while 8,666 units have been affected with the wiring harness reorientation. Part of the 8,666 Ford EcoSports have been made at the company's China plant. All repairs related to the aforementioned concerns will be done free of cost to the customers.
The EcoSport is available in India with a choice of two petrol and one diesel motor. The standard choice of transmission is a manual, however, the 1.5-litre petrol engine also gets a dual clutch automatic as an option. Prices for the EcoSport start from Rs 6.46 lakh.
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July