Ford India recalls 16,400 EcoSports made between November 2013 and April 2014
Ford India has issued a voluntary recall of EcoSports made between November 2013 and April 2014, to fix an issue with the rear twist beam bolt. According to the company, it is possible that in some of these vehicles, the rear twist beam bolt might not have been tightened according to specification, which could cause pivot bolt to break. This could affect the way the car handles and could result in an accident, although none have been reported so far. This recall will affect just over 16,400 EcoSports sold during this period.
"Ford India is proactively contacting select customers to voluntarily inspect their EcoSport vehicles, made at the company's Chennai plant between November 2013 and April 2014, for a potential concern related to rear twist beam bolt," stated the company in a media release.
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
- Mercedes-Benz service: Putting luxury car ownership within reach
- Why are manufacturers like Ford shutting their plants in India?
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant