Ford India recalls 16,400 EcoSports made between November 2013 and April 2014
Ford India has issued a voluntary recall of EcoSports made between November 2013 and April 2014, to fix an issue with the rear twist beam bolt. According to the company, it is possible that in some of these vehicles, the rear twist beam bolt might not have been tightened according to specification, which could cause pivot bolt to break. This could affect the way the car handles and could result in an accident, although none have been reported so far. This recall will affect just over 16,400 EcoSports sold during this period.
"Ford India is proactively contacting select customers to voluntarily inspect their EcoSport vehicles, made at the company's Chennai plant between November 2013 and April 2014, for a potential concern related to rear twist beam bolt," stated the company in a media release.
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application