Ford announces Diwali Returns scheme
The year end is a tough time for carmakers as customers tend to shy away from models that are going to bear a soon-to-be old year of manufacturing badge. Carmakers generally tackle this situation with the oldest trick in the book - discounts and freebies.
Ford's following the path with a new scheme called Diwali Returns. As the name suggests, Ford will pretend that the festivities are still on and will therefore offer benefits of up to Rs 1.5 lakh on its cars. To set the mood right, Ford dealerships will be draped in Diwali decorations and will offer assured gifts as well.
Here's a list of discounts being offered on Ford models:
Figo - up to Rs 78,000
Classic - up to Rs 76,000
Fiesta - up to Rs 55,000
Endeavour - up to Rs 1.5 lakh
As you would expect, Ford's best selling model, the EcoSport, isn't promising any discounts, but the carmaker assures reduced interest rates to consumers opting for financing schemes.
The Diwali Returns initiative will run across all Ford dealerships from December 3 to 7, 2014.
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh