First look: Volkswagen Ameo (Video)
Volkswagen has just revealed its new sub-4 metre compact sedan for India. The Ameo is based on the Polo and is made in India. It gets the Polo's sportier front bumper while the rear doors are smaller than the Vento's. It's sub-four-metre length makes the side profile or the rear three quarters look a tad awkward. To add a bit of flair to the rear end though, VW has taken a leaf out of Skoda's design book and has incorporated slashed creases that flank the rear registration plate. Once launched, it will rival the likes of the Maruti Swift Dzire, Ford Figo Aspire, Honda Amaze, Hyundai Xcent and Tata Zest.
Starts Rs 5.96 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?