First batch of 600 India-made Jeep Compass SUVs exported
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) India announced the export of its first batch of made-in-India Jeep Compass SUVs to other countries. This batch of 600 units will be shipped to the right-hand drive markets of Australia and Japan. The Jeep Compass was launched in India three months ago and has been witnessing high demand owing to its pricing against the competitors. The Jeep Compass is the first India-made product for FCA under the Jeep SUV brand and is being produced at the FCA Ranjangaon facility. The Jeep Compass was launched at a sub-15 lakh price, but was later revised to Rs 15.16 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) to account for higher GST cess. The most direct competitor for the Compass is the Hyundai Creta, and we have already pitted these SUVs against one another.
The top variant of the Compass is now priced at Rs 21.28 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Compass is available with two engine options - a 173PS/350Nm 2.0-litre turbo-diesel and a 162PS/250Nm 1.4-litre turbo-petrol. The diesel will come with a 6-speed manual while the petrol will be offered with a 6-speed manual and a 7-speed DCT. The diesel is offered in 4x4 and 4x2 variants while the petrol will only get a 4x2 drivetrain.
Starts Rs 16.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch