Fiat Chrysler recalls 8.58 lakh SUVs worldwide due to brakes and faulty airbags
Fiat Chrysler has recalled 8.58 lakh of its SUVs globally. The affected models include 5.42 lakh units of the Dodge Journey and Fiat Freemount. The fault has been detected in the ABS and ECU systems where there is a possibility of moisture building up, causing them to get disabled.
3.16 lakh units of 2003 Jeep Liberty and 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee have also been recalled due to faulty airbags. The airbags in the faulty models inflate without being activated due to the electrical noise that affects their electronic control modules and causes the front, side and the seatbelt pretensioners to deploy, says Fiat Chrysler. Reports say that seven Jeep owners have suffered injuries due to this issue.
Owners of vehicles affected by the recall will be notified by dealers and the replacement parts are expected by early 2016.
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application