Few Mahindra XUV300 SUVs recalled over faulty suspension component
Mahindra and Mahindra has issued a statement stating that it has recalled an unspecified number of its Mahindra XUV300 sub-four-metre SUV. This has been done to fix a faulty suspension component in these vehicles.
The company is choosing to proactively carry out inspection and replace the faulty component which has affected certain cars made before May 19, 2019. This processs will be carried out free of cost. Customers whose cars are affected will be contacted individually by the firm.
Powertrain options for the XUV300 include a 3-cylinder, 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine that produces 110PS and 200Nm or the same 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine as the Mahindra Marazzo. The diesel engine has been detuned slightly to offer 115PS, the torque output is 300Nm. A 6-speed manual is available with both engines while a 6-speed Marelli-sourced AMT can be had with the diesel.
The XUV300 has been a reasonable seller in its segment, which includes cars like the Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon and Ford Ecosport. Prices for the Mahindra start at Rs 8.1 lakh for the base W4 petrol.
Starts Rs 7.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 11.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- Top 5 most fuel efficient SUVs in India
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Production-spec Mahindra XUV700 leaked ahead of launch, interior teased
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch
- 2021 Honda Amaze facelift leaked ahead of August 18 launch