Ferrai unveils SP38, a one-off inspired by the F40
Ferrari has come up with its latest one-off supercar, the SP38, which it has built for one of its most dedicated customers. The bespoke car is based on the mechanicals of the 488 GTB but has completely unique bodywork and interior. The look of the car has been inspired by two of Ferrari's greatest creations ever, the F40 and 308 GTB.
The SP38's styling is quite a departure from its standard cars. The design is tighter with a more cab-rearward design than the 488 GTB. The front is inspired by the 308 GTB in the low slung front fascia while the rear gets the F40 influence in the engine cover and the rear spoiler area.
The sides are typical of new Ferraris with strong haunches and flowing curves designed for top-tier aero performance.
The SP38 is powered by the 488 GTB's mid-rear mounted 3.9-litre, twin-turbo which is good for 670PS and 760Nm. It gets from 0 to 100 kmph in 3.0s and goes on to 200 kmph in 8.3s. Top speed is 330 kmph while power is put down via a seven-speed dual-clutch. It is not known if the SP38 gets any performance upgrades.
More details and the interior will be revealed on May 26 at the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este in Italy, where the car will be shown in the flesh for the first time. This car is a classic example of Ferrari harnessing its massive technical capabilities and combining it with its back-catalogue of legendary designs to create some really special cars.
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained