Volkswagen Vento TDi DSG long term review: After 7 months and 23,350km
By the time you read this, the Volkswagen Vento will have already left my parking space at home empty. In the six months that it spent in the OD garage, we managed to log an impressive 20,000 kilometres on the odometer. With the DSG gearbox, it became our 'go to' car for shoots and trips to Pune to pick up motorcycles. In fact, the lion's share of those kilometres was logged out on the highway and for this task, it was ideally suited. The 7-speed gearbox gave it very long legs on the expressway while we still never saw the efficiency drop below 15kmpl. On my trip to and from work, traffic was never a concern with the automatic and I never feared leaving for home, even in the middle of the evening rush hour. It managed one crazy road trip from Mumbai to Bangalore and back in a period of 30 hours and we would have really loved to do more of those, but it came into our garage at a very busy time and though it more than did its fair share of kilometres in our hands, we do wish that a few more were pleasure smiles rather than business miles.
The squeaking and creaking from the doors that we mentioned in our initial report on the car steadily increased in volume as the kilometres ticked away. But this was our only gripe with what was otherwise a pleasant ownership experience.
Total mileage 23,350km, Date acquired Dec'14
Mileage 3,430km Fuel 207 litres Efficiency 16.5kmpl
More from OVERDRIVE on the Volkswagen Vento
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained