Video worth watching: Ford GT-powered Hoonitruck
It's hard to believe that a decade has passed since we were first introduced to the rubber-burning madness that is the Gymkhana series from Ken Block. No, really. Just think of how far back 2008 was! Anyway, since then, Block has gone from rally-specials like his Subaru Impreza to a built Ford Focus, before really turning things up to eleven with a grounds-up custom 1965 4WD Ford Mustang called the Hoonicorn. Block's machines of choice are now as legendary as the Gymkhana videos themselves. And if some would argue that the format was getting a little repetitive, Ken Block and team have a trick up their sleeves for the yet-to-be-released Gymkhana Ten.
Enter the Hoonitruck, a drift special based on a 1977 Ford F-150. As if a drift truck weren't unexpected enough, the Hoonitruck has a 3.5-litre Ford EcoBoost V6 pulled straight out of a Le Mans development Ford GT. Tuned (of course), the twin turbo motor peaks with 914PS and 951Nm of torque and has trick parts like a 3D-printed intake. Similar to the Hoonicorn that came before it, it's got four-wheel drive courtesy a Sadev six-speed gearbox. Of course, we'll just let the man himself do the talking.
Starts Rs 74.62 Lakhs
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh