Video worth watching: Derek Bell drives McLaren's 4WD M9A F1 car 48 years later
You know who Derek Bell is, right? Five-time winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, three-time winner of the 24 Hours of Daytona, two-time World Sportscar Champion, former Formula 1 driver for teams like Ferrari and Surtees...basically, a legendary British racecar driver of yesteryear. In 1969, Bruce McLaren invited him to drive at the Silverstone GP, and to debut McLaren's first four-wheel drive Formula 1 car, the M9A. Unfortunately, Bell had to retire after just six laps due to suspension issues.
- 2022 Kia EV6 review, first drive - a surreal experience
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio officially revealed ahead of June 27 launch, to be named Scorpio-N
- 2022 BMW i4 electric 4-door coupe launched in India, prices start from Rs 69.90 lakh
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza spotted filming ahead of its launch
- Kia EV6 bookings open in India ahead of June 2 launch