OD Garage: Hyundai Grand i10 diesel after 18,300km and 6 months
Onnu... randu... moonu... nalu... anchu... aaru... ezhu... ettu... ompatu... pathu... You must be wondering what the heck is this? I was just counting the features in our Hyundai Grand i10 in Malayalam. Providing so many features is one of the major selling points of the car and owners love it. Hyundai loaded their Grand i10 heavily to satisfy the Indian customers' desire for a great deal. And after a good few months with this car I am one such happy customer (until Hyundai calls for the car back!).
The push button start, electric ORVMs, steering mounted controls, gear shift indicator are the ones I personally love. If you follow the shift recommendations from the gearshift indicator, you gradually learn the right shifting pattern. The gear indicators are tuned to achieve optimum mileage but it works perfectly because there is always enough torque on offer for city crawls. My 35km each way commute involves running bumper to bumper for a long period. I follow the gear indication and it gives me an incredible city mileage of 19kmpl. But then again when you feel like it the Grand has more than enough poke to filter through traffic at a higher pace. My trips to Pune on the expressway during weekends are fast but cost me very little. I am a happy 'customer' indeed.
Read the first report of the Hyundai Grand i10 here
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July