Image gallery: Mercedes-AMG C43 sedan and coupe
The new Mercedes-AMG C43 sedan and coupe receive a through refresh, both on the outside and the inside for 2018. This new C-Class AMG is a significant mid-life upgrade over the current car so a mild price hike over the present car can be expected. This version will sit at the halfway mark between the full-bore C 63 AMG and the regular C-Class line. For the new C-Class, the AMG development engineers have increased the output of the twin-turbo 3.0-litre V6 engine by 23PS to 390PS. Peak torque stays at 520Nm. The all-wheel drive is standard equipment for the Mercedes-AMG C 43, and features rear-biased torque distribution with a front/rear axle split of 31 to 69 percent.
The AMG C 43 with its biturbo V6 will come to India
With the 4MATIC all-wheels drive system as standard, the AMG C 43 sedan will hit 100kmph in 4.7 seconds and carry on to its electronically limited 250kmph top speed. Transmission duties are handed to the AMG Speedshift TCT 9G featuring model-specific algorithms and AMG adds, very fast gearchanges.
Mercedes-AMG says the C-Class' 3.0-litre V6 gains 23PS to hit 390PS with a peak 520Nm torque that arrives at 2,500rpm and stays till 5,000rpm
AMGs get their own front apron and at the rear, a 'diffuser-look insert'
Also see: Mercedes-AMG C43 coupé India Review Video
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio officially revealed ahead of June 27 launch, to be named Scorpio-N
- 2022 Citroen C3 to be a premium B-segment offering
- 2022 Tata Nexon EV Max review, road test - real-world range tested!
- 2022 Hyundai Venue facelift to launch in India in June
- Radically-styled fourth-gen Hyundai Tucson to launch in India in H2 2022