Helpdesk: Ford Figo Aspire or Ford Fiesta
I drive about 500-700km a month and currently drive a Fiat Palio petrol that's 12 years old. I'm buying a new car and decided to test drive the Ford Aspire. The 1.2 petrol variant felt dull and wasn't what I expected. The diesel in comparison was better but I was suggested to consider the Fiesta. The car looks better and is about Rs 2 lakh more expensive than the Aspire. Which car should I go for?
We agree that the diesel Figo Aspire has a lot more character and is more fun to drive when compared to the petrol 1.2. In fact, the diesel is the quickest car in the segment and also offers impressive fuel efficiency and driveability. The Fiesta also offers the same engine but the Aspire gets a revised unit with additional power and better fuel efficiency. The Fiesta may get this motor too and we suggest you wait till then. For the additional money, you will get a car that offers better styling, more space and impressive dynamics.
Starts Rs 7.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- Nissan Magnite: Best-in-class, throughout
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch
- Production-spec Mahindra XUV700 leaked ahead of launch, interior teased
- Top 5 most fuel efficient SUVs in India