Helpdesk: A CNG kit in a Volkswagen Polo?
Ajit Kriplani: I've owned the Polo 1.2 petrol for four years and have decided to get a CNG kit installed. What are its advantages and disadvantages? How much will the conversion cost?
OD:We have seen a few Volkswagen Polos that use CNG kits. However, Volkswagen may not service your car and you will have to rely on third-party service centres. Performance of the car will drop noticeably but running costs will reduce too. You will also have to check with the local RTO if the car is included in the CNG approved listing. If it does, the fuel change has to be mentioned in the RC. There are a lot of approved CNG kits available today and prices vary depending on the type of system (Venturi and Sequential). We suggest you also check with your local Volkswagen dealer.
Starts Rs 6.17 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?