Facelifted Maruti Alto K10 to be launched in India on November 3
Maruti Suzuki will be launching the new Alto K10 in India on November 3 in New Delhi. The updated car isn't just a facelift and carries cosmetic as well as mechanical changes.
The headlamps in the 2015 Maruti Alto K10 are now bigger and flanking them is two piece grille with a chrome strip running in the upper half. There are also dark plastic fog lamp enclosures. The tail lamp design too has been revised. Maruti engineers worked on making the engine bay shorter and this has contributed to a perception of roominess inside the cabin. This and the 1.5cm increase in width and height should ideally make the Alto K10 a bit more spacious than before. The instrument cluster, the upholstery, steering wheel and dashboard are all new and lend some fancy elements to an entry level car.
The major change has happened under the hood with Maruti employing improved combustion techniques as well as a remapping to achieve a class best ARAI-certified fuel efficiency of 24.07kmpl. The 1.0-litre K10 petrol engine though makes the same power and torque figures as before but now comes with an optional AMT transmission. All this along with the 15kg reduction in overall weight makes the Alto K10 an even zippier car. Top end variants will come with a driver airbag as well.
It is expected that the new Maruti Alto K10 will be priced lower than the outgoing model. Watch out this space on November 3 for more details.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Maruti Alto K10
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years