Facelifted Audi A6 to be launched in India on August 20
The facelifted Audi A6 that was revealed before the Paris Motor Show last year will be launched in India on August 20, 2015. We caught the A6 being tested in India earlier this year and on the outside, the facelift gives the car revised bumpers, grilles and side sills while the tail lights and headlights are new. These upgraded headlamps feature the Audi Matrix LED technology that debuted on the A8 L last year. The interiors will get new trims and an updated version of their Multimedia Interface (MMI).
The more significant changes were the updated Euro 6 engines. Internationally, the A6 gets the 1.8-litre TFSI ultra petrol engine in addition to the existing 2.0-litre mill and a revised 3.0-litre V6. The new 1.8 is the similar to the one in the A3 however, in the A6 it produces 190PS and has a claimed fuel economy of 17.5kmpl. The 2.0-litre diesel variants get an updated engine in two states of tune - 150PS and 190PS. Similarly, the 3.0-litre V6 TDI is offered in three variants - 150PS and 190PS in the mono-turbo engine and 320PS in the bi-turbo guise. The transmissions offered are six-speed manual, seven-speed S tronic and eight-speed tiptronic.
So far, only the 2.0-litre diesel engines are likely to reach our shores while we estimate that the 3.0-litre bi-turbo engines won't make it.
Starts Rs 54.42 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030