Image gallery: Facelifted 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class gets an updated C 220d diesel variant
Alongside the C200 petrol, Mercedes-Benz India will also bring the facelifted Mercedes-Benz C-Class to in India in the C220d diesel variant. Although the car could be sold here in another name, the engine will be the new 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel motor which puts out 194PS and 400Nm, replacing the older 2.1-litre unit which made 170PS/400Nm. The new 9-speed auto also makes its way here.
Changes have been made to the engine to improve frictional losses and also to reduce weight. Most notably though, the diesel motor misses out on the EQ boost 48-volt system that the petrol motor comes with. International models also get four-wheel drive version as well. But keeping cost considerations in mind, that version is unlikely to be available here.
Understandably, the exterior and interior changes seen on the facelifted C200 petrol are also carried over here. The driver assistance systems from that car should also make an appearance here.
There are also reports that the 245PS C 300d will also make it to the Indian line-up, but a final decision has not been made on that as of now.
See our image gallery of the Mercedes-Benz C 220d/C 300d below. Note the AMG styling package present on the cars in the pictures.
Redesigned LED headlamps and new colour options are some of the exterior changes
The interior gets an updated infotainment, new materials and a new steering wheel
The new 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel motor puts out 194PS and 400Nm,
Also see: 2020 BMW 3 Series v Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 41.7 Lakhs
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each