F1 2016: Hamilton on pole at Canadian GP
Lewis Hamilton flanked by Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel and Nico Rosberg after qualifying at the 2016 Canadian GP
Lewis Hamilton took pole position at the 2016 Canadian Grand Prix by 0.062sec, beating team-mate Nico Rosberg to top spot on the grid. Hamilton's timing on his pole lap was 1min 12.812sec. Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel set the third-fastest time, two-tenths slower than the Mercedes pair.
Fourth place on the grid went to Red Bull Racing's Daniel Ricciardo, who lost time on his best lap when he grazed the Wall of Champions. Ricciardo's Red Bull Racing team-mate, Max Verstappen, will start the race fifth. Sixth spot on the grid went to Kimi Raikkonen in the second Ferrari.
Williams drivers Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa were seventh and eighth fastest. Nico Hulkenberg took Force India to a ninth spot in Q3, while Fernando Alonso managed to make it to tenth spot for McLaren.
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.30 lakh
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia