Exclusive: Volkswagen Vento diesel with DSG automatic gearbox to be launched in India soon
Diesel C-segment cars are selling like hot cakes in India but have lacked an automatic transmission variant. The Hyundai Verna has so far been the only diesel car in its segment to offer an auto box in the form of a 4-speed torque convertor. Now Volkswagen plans to introduce the more advanced twin-cluth, DSG automatic transmission in the Vento diesel. The auto box will be the same unit seen in the Polo and Vento TSI models and will be mated this time to the torquey 1.6-litre TDI motor currently used in the Vento diesel. Volkswagen plan to introduce the car by middle of this year. If you are looking out for an automatic diesel C-sedan, we suggest you hang on a few more months.
Both the Vento and Polo are Volkswagen's bread and butter models in the Indian market. The German company has been constantly updating these cars over the years. Just last year, the Polo range received a major revamp with the introduction of the GT TSI, TDI and Cross variants. This year, the company plans to launch the recently showcased Polo facelift with new engines.
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N launched in India, prices start from Rs 11.99 lakh
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?