EXCLUSIVE: Tata Tigor facelift to be launched in the next few weeks
OVERDRIVE has learnt from sources that the facelifted Tata Tigor sub-four-metre sedan is set to be launched in the country in the next few weeks.
The Tigor has been on sale since Mar 2017, so this seems like a pretty quick update. But the company has done this to maintain the strong sales figures that the Tigor generates. Its competitors like the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Honda Amaze have seen a generation change while the Hyundai Xcent has also received a significant update.
Pre-facelift model for reference only
Changes to the Tigor will include minor revisions to the front grille, chrome inserts in the head and tail lights and a new design for the alloy wheels. Other new exterior features are a new design for the alloy wheels and a shark fin antenna. New exterior colour options, including the flagship dark blue colour option seen on the Hexa, are expected to make an appearance.
The interiors will receive new upholstery and a bigger infotainment system, possibly with Android Auto/Apple Carplay compatibility.
Powertrain options will remain unchanged from the earlier Tigor. This means a 1.2-litre petrol with 85PS and 114Nm as well as a 1.05-litre turbocharged diesel with 70PS and 140 Nm. A 5-speed manual and an AMT will be the transmission options. The standard petrol Tigor XM is priced at Rs 5.2 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) while the diesel comes in at Rs 6.05 lakh. We expect a marginal price increase over the current car.
Starts Rs 5.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.1 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years
- NewsRoyal Enfield launches all-new riding jackets, priced from Rs 4,950 onward
- NewsIndian EV manufacturer BGauss inaugurates first dealership, commences deliveries of A2 and B8
- NewsRenault Kwid-derived Dacia Spring EV hatchback unveiled in Europe
- NewsTata Motors achieves momentous production milestone at four million cars and counting