EXCLUSIVE: More spy images of the upcoming Tata Harrier SUV
A regular OVERDRIVE reader, Omkar Shinde, recently spotted the upcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoing camouflaged testing. The test mule's shorter rear overhang suggests this might be the smaller five-seater version.
The exterior design of the production car will follow Tata's Impact Design 2.0 showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. So, a slimmer front grille and lights, aggressively contoured side profiles, steeply raked roofline and large wheel sizes can be expected. The interior also will have to be the best ever fitted to a Tata car and build on the progress the firm has been making in this aspect.
The production H5X will be based on Jaguar Land Rover's entry-level SUV platform, variations of which support cars like the Land Rover Discovery Sport, Jaguar E-Pace and the Range Rover Evoque. Tata's version, called Omega-Arc (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture), will involve the use of cheaper materials and components to keep costs down.
The Harrier will be powered by the Multijet II engine from FCA, as seen in the Jeep Compass, in two states of tune - 140PS for the 5-seater version and 170PS for the 7-seater. Both two and four-wheel drive will be available and transmission options will be a 6-speed manual and automatic. The 5-seater should come in the Rs. 9 to 12 lakh price bracket.
Image Source: Omkar Shinde
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.06 Lakhs
- NewsEV chargers planned for over 69,000 petrol pumps across India
- News2020 Toyota Innova Crysta facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.26 lakh
- News2021 BMW S 1000 R gets Euro V engine along with more tech and new styling
- NewsCOVID19: Maharashtra to screen travellers from NCR, Rajasthan, Goa and Gujarat
- NewsDucati updates XDiavel and Scrambler range for 2021