Exclusive: Hyosung to launch the RT250D in India by September 2014
While Hyosung is still to launch the new Aquila in India - the event is set for today, February 6, 2014, it did take the wraps two interesting motorcycles at the Auto Expo stand on Feb 5. We told you in the past the DSK Hyosung would show the GD250N, the company's first all-new product in ages at the Auto Expo and the bike, resplendent in orange with a white frame and wheels looks smart at the Auto Expo. The motorcycle is to be a sharp, sporty-naked in the mold of KTM's Duke in look and nature but wear a 250cc single instead. DSK Hyosung will make the motorcycle here later this year and expand their range.
Also being shown was the RT125D which is a fat-tyred off-roader in look and nature. Hyosung is gauging reactions to the bike before it goes ahead and puts the motorcycle into production and on sale in India. The update from the Auto Expo show floor though is that Hyosung will slot in the 250cc single from the GD250N into the motorcycle, effectively creating the RT250D for India.
The RT is an interesting motorcycle as a buying proposition because it blends off-road design and suspension with a more playful, unintimidating look. The question will be of pricing, of course, and how customers will react because the unique nature of the RT makes it a little hard to grasp what you would use the motorcycle for. However, as a product that might be a hit, or be extremely popular in certain small markets, we believe the RT250D has great potential.
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each