Electric step-through Gravton Quanta enters Asia Book of Records
The Gravton Quanta has made its way into the Asia Book of Records for covering the Kanyakumari-to-Khardungla (K2K) ride in a record six-and-a-half days.
For those unaware, the Quanta is an electric step-through from Hyderabad-based startup, Gravton Motors that launched last year at a price - Rs 99,000 (ex-showroom). It's powered by a 3.6kW BLDC hub mounted motor. Read more on the Gravton Quanta here.
The Gravton Quanta achieved this momentous feat last year. The record-setting ride was flagged off on September 13, 2021, in Kanyakumari, and the Quanta crossed the finish line on September 20, 2021 in Khardung La covering a total distance of 4011.9 km in the span of in 164hours and 30 minutes (six-and-a-half days). On this run, the Quanta did not stop to recharge its batteries even once, and instead, the team in charge kept swapping the drained battery with a completely charged pack. There has been no mention of how many times the battery was swapped out and how many times the five riders swapped seats. However, we received word that the team took an overnight break in Manali to acclimatise.
In light of this achievement, Gravton will be announcing a special K2K promo offer which will be applicable until end of Feb 2022.
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N launched in India, prices start from Rs 11.99 lakh
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?