Electric Mahindra XUV300 compact SUV to come by the end of 2020
OVERDRIVE has learnt from sources at Mahindra that the company is working on an electric version of the just launched 2019 Mahindra XUV300 compact SUV. This EV will debut by the second half of 2020.
There are no details on the exact specifications of this car are but Ssangyong showcased an electric concept of the Tivoli SUV in Geneva last year. The XUV300 is a close relative of this car so similar specs can be expected. The EV version of the Tivoli is powered by a 129PS electric motor. A single cylinder petrol range extender is also offered which increases range from 128 km to 500 km. The concept has a top speed of 150 kmph.
The XUV300 is built on SsangYong's X100 platform but gets an all-new suspension setup and steering system apart from other significant changes. Powertrain options include a three-cylinder, 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine that produces 110PS and 200Nm or the same 1.5-litre, four-cylinder diesel engine as the Mahindra Marazzo. The diesel engine has been detuned slightly to offer 115PS, though the torque output is an impressive 300Nm, which is a lot for a sub-4 metre SUV. The XUV300 is currently offered with a six-speed manual transmission only, though Mahindra will be launching an AMT-equipped version too.
The XUV300 has been launched at a starting price of Rs 7.90 lakh for the base petrol version and the price range goes up to Rs 11.99 for the top of the line, W8 option diesel version. All prices are ex-showrom, pan India. The SUV will be offered in four variants.
Also see: Mahindra XUV 300 First Drive Video
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 11.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport