EICMA 2017: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R SE breaks cover
Kawasaki introduced a new variant of its litre class flagship, the Ninja ZX-10R at EICMA 2017, the Ninja ZX-10R SE. This variant slots in between the base ZX-10R and the homologation special, ZX-10RR. While there are no changes to the engine, the Kawasaki ZX-10R SE gets two new electronic upgrades- an electronic, semi active suspension and bi-directional quickshifter from the ZX-10RR.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is the first Kawasaki motorcycle to feature electronic suspension. Developed with Showa, the Kawasaki Electronic Control Suspension (KECS) adjusts damping as per the road and riding conditions. The reaction time is 1 millisecond which is quicker than a few other electronically controlled suspension systems. KECS uses solenoids to adjust the damper settings instead of stepper motors.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10 SE also gets lightweight 7-spoke Marchesini forged wheels, however, the motorcycle weighs 2kgs more than the standard model, thanks to the semi-active suspension setup.
The SE is only available in this pure-stealth Metallic Flat Spark Black and Metallic Matte Graphite Gray colours.
Starts Rs 13,99,000
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each
- NewsNew Hyundai entry-level SUV named Bayon
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and SBI tie-up to offer financial benefits