EICMA 2017: Benelli Imperiale 400 cruiser debuts
Benelli has just taken the wraps off the Imperiale 400 cruiser at EICMA 2017. The motorcycle is set to take on the likes of Royal Enfield Classic series and is expected to go on sale in India soon. The Benelli Imperiale 400's retro themed styling looks good and it will appeal to those who want to stand out from the sea of Royal Enfields that dot the Indian roads.
The motorcycle employs a double cradle, steel tubular frame.The tear drop shaped tank, with a rubber grip, split seats and chrome bits add to the retro cruiser flavour of the Benelli Imperiale 400. The twin pod instrument cluster looks quite like a mix of modern and retro thanks to the digital screen in between the pods, We think it may be used to display the fuel level as well as other information. The Imperiale 400 is powered by an air-cooled, single-cylinder, fuel-injected motor that displaces 373cc. The motor produces 20PS at 5500rpm and 28Nm at 3500rpm and is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
There are disc brakes at the front and rear and ABS is standard. The front disc is a single, 300mm unit with 2-piston floating calipers, and a 240mm disc at the rear.
Benelli has been working on this motorcycle for quite some time and it will be interesting to see how the new, Imperiale 400 performs in our market.
Also see: Benelli Imperiale 400 | Road Test Review
Starts Rs 1,99,000
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh
- NewsNovember 2020 sales: Bajaj Auto sells 3.84 lakh two-wheelers, registering a growth of 12 per cent