EICMA 2016: Honda reveals the X-ADV adventure scooter
Now who would have thought of this? A scooter that can be ridden both on and off-road. That's exactly what the Honda X-ADV is all about.
Designed by Honda's Italian R&D department, the X-ADV certainly looks the part. Styling is rugged and there's a fair amount of ground clearance too. There's a five-step adjustable screen above the front apron to protect from wind-blast. The aluminium handlebars are set at 910mm and there are hand guards placed ahead of the grips. Beneath the seat (at a height of 820mm) is 21-litres of storage space that Honda claims can hold a full size enduro helmet.
There's a Smart Key system that's similar to what you find in cars these days. The sensors detect the key in your pocket and all you need to do is push the starter button and ride away.
The scooter gets a 745cc engine that produces 53.6PS and is mated to Honda's DCT automatic transmission. There are two automatic riding modes D and S. Within the S mode are three additional levels that help adjust the power output depending on the rider's preference. There's an MT mode too that allows full manual operation of the transmission.
Honda says that the tough chassis, long travel suspension and spoke wheels shod with dual purpose tyres add to the "off-road appeal" of the X-ADV. Coming to India? Start the prayers!
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 EICMA show, click here
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh