EICMA 2016: Honda reveals the X-ADV adventure scooter
Now who would have thought of this? A scooter that can be ridden both on and off-road. That's exactly what the Honda X-ADV is all about.
Designed by Honda's Italian R&D department, the X-ADV certainly looks the part. Styling is rugged and there's a fair amount of ground clearance too. There's a five-step adjustable screen above the front apron to protect from wind-blast. The aluminium handlebars are set at 910mm and there are hand guards placed ahead of the grips. Beneath the seat (at a height of 820mm) is 21-litres of storage space that Honda claims can hold a full size enduro helmet.
There's a Smart Key system that's similar to what you find in cars these days. The sensors detect the key in your pocket and all you need to do is push the starter button and ride away.
The scooter gets a 745cc engine that produces 53.6PS and is mated to Honda's DCT automatic transmission. There are two automatic riding modes D and S. Within the S mode are three additional levels that help adjust the power output depending on the rider's preference. There's an MT mode too that allows full manual operation of the transmission.
Honda says that the tough chassis, long travel suspension and spoke wheels shod with dual purpose tyres add to the "off-road appeal" of the X-ADV. Coming to India? Start the prayers!
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 EICMA show, click here
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh