EICMA 2016: BMW R nineT Urban G/S showcased
At the EICMA 2016, BMW Motorrad has unveiled the new R nineT G/S. It is based on the 2017 R nineT and retains the same engine and chassis. What makes the R nineT Urban G/S different is that its styling has been inspired by the BMW R80 G/S. The BMW R80 G/S was the first adventure motorcycle to be introduced by BMW way back in 1980. In fact, this motorcycle went to create an all-new motorcycle segment which remains popular even today.
Similar to the R80 G/S, the R nineT Urban G/S gets a high-placed front mudguard, and along with the fuel tank, they get a non-mettalic white finish. The fuel tank gets a splash of blue while the seat gets a bright red cover. The engine and the frame get a black finish. This colour combination represents the previous colours of BMW Motorsport.
The BMW R nineT Urban G/S is powered by a 1,170cc air/oil-cooled boxer engine which makes 110PS. The engine is coupled to a 6-speed gearbox and is Euro-IV compliant. BMW says that the exhaust has been positioned on the left side of the motorcycle to represent classic styling.
The BMW R nineT Urban G/S comes equipped with a telescopic fork up front and a monoshock at the rear. It gets a 19-inch front wheel and a 17-inch rear wheel shod with road tyres. BMW will offer off-road tyres and spoke wheels as an option. The R nineT G/S gets alloy wheels as standard.
Standard equipment on the R nineT Urban G/S includes twin 320mm front disc brakes, 4-piston brake calipers with steel-wrapped brake lines and ABS. BMW will offer Automatic Stability Control as an option.
For more stories on EICMA 2016, click here.
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh
- NewsNovember 2020 sales: Bajaj Auto sells 3.84 lakh two-wheelers, registering a growth of 12 per cent
- ReviewComparison: 2020 BMW G 310 GS BSVI vs KTM 390 Adventure BSVI
- NewsRoyal Enfield Classic 350 dual-channel ABS gets two new colour options, Metallo Silver and Orange Ember
- ReviewBMW R 18 First Edition road test review