EICMA 2015: Hyosung GD450 prototype unveiled
Hyosung has debuted a gorgeous prototype at EICMA 2015, called the GD450. It looks like their next street naked that could be launched in 2016. This motorcycle uses a liquid-cooled single-cylinder DOHC engine that displaces 449cc. This single-cylinder set-up ideally means that it would be relatively affordable. It has a 96mm bore with a stroke of 62mm and a pretty high compression ratio of 11.8:1. This mill is mated to a close-ratio 6-speed gearbox and makes 50PS of power at 7,500rpm and 47.7Nm of torque at 7,000rpm.
Suspension duties are handled by 41mm upside down telescopic forks in the front and a dual side aluminium swingarm with an offset gas charged hydraulic shock absorber. The rear set-up gets nonstep preload adjustment. The Hyosung GD450 is just a bit shorter than the KTM 390 Duke and has a wheelbase of 1360mm, whereas the Duke 390's measures upto 1367mm.
The Hyosung GD450 gets a 300mm petal disc with a four piston radial calliper at the front and a 230mm petal disc with a two piston calliper at the rear. It gets 17-inch wheels with a 120 section tyre in the front and a 160 section tyre at the rear.
However, when Hyosung finally makes this bike, we certainly hope that they pay closer attention to it than when they made its specification sheet.
For more stories from EICMA 2015, click here
Starts Rs 2,52,928
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Honda Elevate name trademarked, N7X-based 3-three SUV to launch in India?
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant