EICMA 2015: 2016 KTM RC390 unveiled
KTM has unveiled the 2016 RC390, which features certain functional upgrades. Mechanical changes include a 320mm Brembo disc brake up front to replace the older 300mm disc, ride-by-wire throttle, a slipper clutch and a new aluminium exhaust to help clear the Euro4 norms. Visually though, the bike remains more or less the same, apart from the larger exhaust.
As this exhaust replaces the earlier underbelly module, the bottom fairing of the bike appears to be narrower than the outgoing model. While the current RC390's underbelly would scrape at steep lean angles, this new shape could help solve that. The 2016 RC390 also gets adjustable front brake and clutch levers. However, the 43.5PS/35Nm 373cc engine gets no mechanical changes.
We expect to see this update at the 2016 Auto Expo, and a launch soon after. The current RC390 is priced at Rs 2.13 lakh (ex-Delhi) and we expect its successor to get a slightly higher price tag.
Starts Rs 2,48,075
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030