EICMA 2014: Aprilia RSV4 RR and RF unveiled
While Honda and Yamaha have been busy sobering their MotoGP bikes for the street in the form of the RCV213S and the YZF-R1M, Aprilia has brought their WSBK racer to the road in the form of the RSV4. Its 999.4cc V4 now makes 201PS of power and features new fuel injectors, intake ducts and airbox. The engine also gets new titanium valves and redesigned valve springs and heads. The camshaft and the con-rods are now lighter by almost half a kilo each. The exhaust system is new too. The Aprilia RR runs revised APRC electronics to suit the additional power and features a new swingarm that's 14mm longer to reduce the wheelies under acceleration.
The Aprilia RSV4 RR with the race pack
Aprilia is also offering a race pack that includes a different Ohlins suspension and lighter forged aluminium wheels.
Alongside the RSV4 RR, Aprilia will also put on sale a limited 400 units of the RSV4 RF. The RF will essentially be the RR with the race pack as standard and will wear a signature livery that celebrates Aprilia's WSBK success. The RSV4 RR on the other hand will be available only in a matte finished grey or black bodywork with new graphics.
More from OVERDRIVE on the EICMA 2014
Starts Rs 21,29,000
Starts Rs 20,39,233
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh