EICMA 2012 - Ducati Hyperstrada
An update for the Hypermotard had been long overdue and Ducati finally did the honours at the EICMA. There's a new SP version now, apart from the Hyperstrada, a touring version with a taller screen, panniers, centre stand, sump guard and bigger mudguards. The engine across the family is common, and is an 821cc, V-twin with the second generation Testastretta 11 degree cylinder head design like the Diavel and Multistrada. Power output is a respectable 111PS while the maximum torque rating is 89.2Nm.
Importantly, the Hyper now gets liquid-cooling to meet emissions and extend service intervals. Mid range and over all smoothness of the engine have improved too, as required by the Hyper given its versatility. The street and touring version both get the same chassis, front steel trellis frame and cast alloy subframe and suspensions. The wheelbase is now longer to enhance stability - the Hyperstrada's wheelbase stands at 1490mm while the Hypermotards's wheelbase is 1505mm. The new Hyper also gets rider aids like 8-level Ducati Traction Control, three level ABS and Sport, Touring and Urban riding modes.
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July