EBR 1190SX is a naked 1190RX
Erik Buell Racing has unveiled its new naked motorcycle, the 1190SX in US. It will go on sale in North America later this year. The 1190RX's naked cousin looks similar to the former except for the fairing that is. The huge radiator housing carries the 1190SX badging while the position of the mirrors has changed from the fairing onto the handlebar.
The 1190SX is built on a twin-spar aluminium chassis with a Showa front fork and rear monoshock. There is no hub at the front wheel but a huge 386mm 8-piston disc covers almost the entire wheel while the rear has a 220mm 2-piston disc unit. Sticky Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa rubber adorn the wheels. ABS is not available at the moment, however, EBR is working towards offering it in the future.
As far as the 1190SX's engine details are concerned, EBR is tight lipped about the specifications. We however believe that the new motorcycle will have the same 72-degree 1190cc V-Twin as the 1190RX which makes 185PS of power and 138Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a slipper clutch six-speed transmission.
Closer home, EBR is Hero MotoCorp's technical partner and both raced the 1190RX in the World Superbike Championship this year. EBR is also expected to provide technology inputs to upcoming Hero MotoCorp motorcycles for the Indian market.
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- Live updates: 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N launch, price reveal, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety