Ducati Panigale V2 - The 959 Panigale replacement has been showcased
Ducati 959 Panigale has a spiritual successor, the Ducati Panigale V2. The Italian manufacturer took wraps off it today at the Ducati's world premiere where the company showcased their lineup for 2020.
Speaking of the Ducati Panigale V2, it has adopted the new family design. The fascia gets elements that take it closer to the Panigales of day and age. An all-LED strip above the projector headlamp adds to the aggression in the design.
The motorcycle sources its power from an all-new Euro 5 compliant 995cc V-twin engine. The new engine has a power rating of 155PS at 10,750rpm and peak torque of 104Nm at 9,000rpm - which a hike of 5PS and 2Nm over the 959 Panigale.
Other mechanical change includes a single-sided swingarm. Gone is the double-barrel exhaust of the 959 Panigale and the new V2 sports a short end can. The electronic suit includes ABS, traction control, wheelie control, up and down quick shifter and engine brake control
The Ducati 959 Panigale currently retails at Rs 15.3 lakh ex-showroom India. The successor, Ducati Panigale V2 could ask a premium of Rs 1-1.2 lakh over the 959 Panigale's pricing. The motorcycle could be launched in India by mid-2020. When launched, the Panigale V2 will compete with the MV Agusta F3 800 in the Indian market.
Starts Rs 15,30,000
Starts Rs 16,99,000
Starts Rs 15,00,000
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport