DSK Motowheels-Hyosung detail their plans for 2013-14
Along the sidelines of an event in Mumbai today, Shirish Kulkarni,head of DSK Motowheels confirmed that Hyosung will be launching a 150cc commuter motorcycle in 2014, designs of which are currently being worked upon. He also said that with this bike, the DSK Motowheels-Hyosung alliance will be stepping into the volume segment. Ahead of its launch, a new plant will be set up near Satara in Maharashtra and is expected to go live by August-September next year by which time the GT250R will have achieved a localisation of 20 per cent. With this, prices for the GT250R will go down by about Rs 30,000-40,000. Kulkarni said that the GT250R's tyres, battery and paint are very expensive components and once they start procuring the same locally, prices are expected to reduce further.
As part of their expansion plans, there are five new showrooms being opened across India by the end of this year, followed by four more in January. All these showrooms will have service centres attached to them. The first motorcycle to be launched in 2013 will be the GV 650 Aquila Pro cruiser in January followed by a new 250cc cruiser in March. He also mentioned bringing in the revised GT650R though no timelines were given about the same.
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July