DSK-Benelli to launch four new motorcycles in India in 2016
DSK-Benelli India boss Shirish Kulkarni confirmed at the Auto Expo 2016 that there are four motorcycles which will be launched here this year. The list includes the Tornado 302, TRK 502, TNT Naked T-135 and the BX 250. Shirish also said that all the Benelli motorcycles in India will get ABS.
The first Benellis in India to get ABS will be the 300s. These motorcycles will be available with ABS from July 2016. The Benelli TNT25 will come with ABS from September 2016. The all-new 1130 which will be launched next year will also get ABS and subsequently all other motorcycles from the DSK-Benelli stables.
Amongst the launches, DSK-Benelli will be launching the Tornado 302 first. This fully faired motorcycle will borrows its twin-cylinder 300cc motor from the TNT300. However the engine has been retuned to produce 35PS/26Nm.
The second launch from the DSK-Benelli stable will be the TRK502. The Benelli TRK502 is an adventure motorcycle that has a 500cc parallel twin engine that makes 47PS/45Nm. The motorcycle goes on sale two months after the Tornado 302.
The 12.6PS/10.8Nm 135cc Benelli TNT Naked T-135 as well as the BX250 Motard are expected to be launched in the second half of 2016. Both these motorcycles are expected to open up a new segment in India.
For the complete interview with Shirish Kulkarni, click here
For the list of DSK-Hyosung motorcycles that will be launched in India this year, click here
Starts Rs 4,79,000
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet