Diesel price hiked by 45 paise and petrol by 40 paise per litre
Petrol and diesel prices saw a hike for the fourth consecutive day, the petrol price was hiked by 40 paise per litre and the diesel price was hiked by 45 paise per litre. Petrol price in Delhi has been hiked to Rs 73.40 per litre from Rs 73.00 and diesel rates have been increased from Rs 71.17 to Rs 71.62 for a litre. It is the fourth straight daily hike in rates after oil PSUs ended an 82-day hiatus in rate revision.
On Tuesday, the petrol price was hiked by Rs 54 paise per litre and diesel was hiked by Rs 58 paise per litre. Prices were increased by Rs 60 paise per litre for petrol as well as diesel on Sunday and Monday. And collectively, the petrol price has witnessed a hike of Rs 1.74 per litre and diesel price has been hiked by Rs 1.78 per litre in three days.
The prices have been increased across the country and it varies from state to state depending on the local state tax or VAT. Oil PSUs like Indian Oil Corp (IOC), Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) halted daily revision of prices after the government hiked excise duty on petrol and diesel by Rs 3 per litre on March 14, 2020.
- Every Drop Counts: India's most fuel-efficient cars of 2021
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine launched, prices start from Rs 39.90 lakh
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar unveiled, engine details revealed
- Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 replacement to be called XUV700