Delhi traffic police launch mobile app and upgraded website
The Delhi traffic police is maximising the use of digital platforms to make life easier for the commuters in the country's capital. The initiative comes by way of an introduction of an Android app and an upgraded Delhi traffic police website.
The app will help commuters with instant traffic updates, info on accident prone areas and traffic engineering activities, jurisdictional information, status of e-challans, vital traffic corridors, information about traffic offices and officers etc. The app can also report defunct traffic signals and provide information on the location, coding and phasing diagrams of traffic signals in Delhi. Another handy tool is access to a database of pits where towed / impounded vehicles from various zones are parked.
For commuters who resort to public transport like taxis, radio-cabs and rickshaws, the app and the website provide access to the fare charges and calculations. The app is capable of calculating / routing the shortest distance between places too. Commuters can also log complaints against rickshaw and taxi drivers for misbehavior, refusal and overcharging. The platforms also lists various emergency numbers.
The app is only available on the Android platform for now, but iOS and Windows mobile versions are expected to be available soon.
You can search for the app on your phone by typing the keyword Delhi Traffic Police
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review
- NewsFacelifted Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe SUV to launch in India on November 3