Deal: Suzuki GSX-S1000 currently being offered with Rs 1 lakh worth benefits
Suzuki which recently announced CKD assembly of its Hayabusa hypersport motorcycle in India is now offering the GSX-S1000 naked sportsbike with huge benefits. The deal is applicable till March 31, 2016. The offer is on in Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai while Delhi doesn't stand to gain from this benefit. This offer is also not applicable on the GSX-S1000 F.
Along with a cash back cheque of Rs 50,000, buyers are also being offered a leather Kushitani riding jacket which is said to be worth Rs 60,000. This discount and price of the jacket brings down the asking price of the GSX-S1000 to around Rs 11 lakh. The Suzuki GSX-S1000 was launched in India last year and also has a fully-faired cousin, the S1000F. Both the motorcycles get ABS as standard and are powered by a 1,000cc, 4-cylinder liquid-cooled engine which produces 144PS/105.60Nm. The kerb weight of the GSX-S1000 is 209kg and in our tests, it raced to a top speed of 235kmph.
Suzuki may likely start local assembly of the GSX-S1000 and the GSX-S1000F in India given that they have a CKD assembly line for the Hayabusa now. If this happens, expect prices to be in the Rs 10 lakh region, which should make it terrific value for money for a litre-class motorcycle.
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review