Datsun to set up its separate dealership in India
Nissan India says that they have sold over 5,000 Datsun Gos from its launch in March this year. The Go makes up for more than half of Nissan India's sales in the past two months with around 2,600 of them finding new homes in April as compared to the overall sales figure of the latter at 5,301 units. Nissan's passenger car product portfolio includes the Micra, Sunny and Terrano.
A few months back Nissan severed ties with its sales and service partner Hover Automotive and is in the process of setting up its own after-sales network. Currently, the Go is being sold through Nissan showrooms in India. However, Datsun will very likely open its own exclusive dealership soon. Existing dealers have been requesting the company to open separate outlets for Datsun. A decision on this will be made by Nissan by the end of this month. As Datsun will soon expand its portfolio with the Go+ and a new sub-compact based on the redi-Go concept, sharing space with Nissan products seems less favourable. The Go+ is expected to be launched this year while the hatchback will be put into production in 2015.
You can read about how the Go fared against its competition, the Wagon R and i10 here
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones