Datsun to set up its separate dealership in India
Nissan India says that they have sold over 5,000 Datsun Gos from its launch in March this year. The Go makes up for more than half of Nissan India's sales in the past two months with around 2,600 of them finding new homes in April as compared to the overall sales figure of the latter at 5,301 units. Nissan's passenger car product portfolio includes the Micra, Sunny and Terrano.
A few months back Nissan severed ties with its sales and service partner Hover Automotive and is in the process of setting up its own after-sales network. Currently, the Go is being sold through Nissan showrooms in India. However, Datsun will very likely open its own exclusive dealership soon. Existing dealers have been requesting the company to open separate outlets for Datsun. A decision on this will be made by Nissan by the end of this month. As Datsun will soon expand its portfolio with the Go+ and a new sub-compact based on the redi-Go concept, sharing space with Nissan products seems less favourable. The Go+ is expected to be launched this year while the hatchback will be put into production in 2015.
You can read about how the Go fared against its competition, the Wagon R and i10 here
- FeaturesWelt-Best: Get the best used cars at Das WeltAuto
- NewsPrices of the Hyundai Venue increased, hike between Rs 5,000-12,000
- NewsUpcoming BSVI Isuzu D-Max V-Cross expected to not see major price hike
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Jimny 4x4 spotted testing in India
- NewsJeep Compass 7-seater SUV spotted testing ahead of launch next year