Datsun receives 10,000 bookings for the redi-Go in India
Datsun launched its entry-level offering, the redi-Go, in India on June 7, 2016 at Rs 2.49 lakh. The company has now received 10,000 bookings within 38 days of its launch. Based on the CMF-A platform, which also underpins the Renault Kwid, the Datsun redi-Go gets a unique design paired with a higher ground clearance of 185mm. It is available in five variants priced between Rs 3.25 lakh and Rs 4.39 lakh (on-road, Mumbai).
The Datsun redi-Go is powered by a 800cc petrol motor that puts out 54PS of power at 5,678rpm and generates 72Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. Datsun claims that the redi-Go can do a 0-100kmph sprint in 15.9 seconds and delivers 25.17kmpl. We have already done a first drive of the redi-Go and found the motor lacks enthusiasm at lower revs. It only comes into its zone beyond the 2,800rpm mark. Read more about our Datsun redi-Go review here.
The Japanese automaker states that a majority of the bookings are from metropolitan areas and Tier-2 cities. Higher ground clearance, spacious interiors and styling have been some of the influencing factors, the company mentions in its official release.
However, it should be noted that Renault had received over 25,000 bookings of the Kwid within 12 days from its launch. The Renault Kwid too uses the same motor but comes with a more premium design and is equipped with features like touchscreen navigation system. The Renault Kwid is positioned above the Datsun redi-Go and priced between Rs 3.59 lakh and Rs 4.80 lakh (on-road, Mumbai).
Starts Rs 3.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years