Datsun GO to officially launch in India on March 19
One of the most eagerly awaited hatches, the Datsun GO will be launched in India on March 19 in New Delhi.
The Indian launch will mark the brand's return to the world stage after decades. We have driven the Datsun GO and the entry-level hatchback justifies all the hype surrounding it.
Nissan revived the Datsun brand with a focus on affordable entry-level cars.
The car's production started last month at the company's Oragadam facility in Tamil Nadu. It will be priced under Rs 4 lakh, but does not feel cheap and is quite good-looking for an entry level car. See pictures here and decide for yourself.
The GO has good cabin space and performance is more than enough for the urban commute.
The car has 170mm of ground clearance and gets 13-inch steel rims. Safety, however, is not up to the mark with none of the model trims getting ABS or airbags even as options.
The car will be powered by 1.2-litre, three-cylinder petrol which gives 67PS and 106Nm of torque.
This hatch will be available in a total of three trims and will come with a 2 year/unlimited kilometres warranty.
Datsun GO first drive video
Starts Rs 3.99 Lakhs
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh