Datsun Go and Go Plus BSVI revealed in India
Datsun has revealed the BSVI iterations of the Datsun Go hatchback and the Go+ MPV on its India website. Prices haven't been revealed yet, with a formal launch expected once the lockdown lifts.
The Datsun Go and Go Plus continue to be powered by the same HR12 DE 1.2-litre naturally aspirated three-cylinder petrol engine, which can be had either with a five-speed manual or a CVT gearbox. Power outputs remain unchanged from the BSIV cars, this motor makes 68 PS at 5,000 rpm and 104 Nm at 4,000 rpm when paired with the manual gearbox. For the CVT equipped cars, the engine is available a higher state of tune of 77 PS at 6,000 rpm and 104 Nm at 4,400 rpm. There is no change in the BSVI engine's power or torque bands, although fuel efficiency has dropped.
For the manual versions of the Go, fuel efficiency has dropped from 19.83 kmpl to 19.02 kmpl. In the Go CVT, the number has dropped from 20.7 kmpl to 19.59 kmpl. In the Go Plus MPV, the fuel efficiency for the manual version has dropped from 19.72 kmpl to 19.02 kmpl. With the Go Plus CVT, the figures drop 19.41 kmpl to 18.57 kmpl.
The BSVI compliant Datsun Go and Go Plus continue to be available in D, A, T and T(O) variants. The CVT comes only with the T and T(O). Expect prices of the BSVI versions to increase by Rs 20,000 to 25,000.
Starts Rs 3.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know