Dakar 2020: Sherco TVS' Adrien Metge ranked 12th overall after Stage 3
The third stage of the 2020 Dakar was a mixed bag for the Sherco TVS Rally Factory Team. On the one hand, Adrien Metge continued to put in a solid performance for the team, finishing 11th in the stage. On the other hand, it was disaster for Indian rider Harith Noah, whose RTR 450 wouldn't start before the stage. This means that Noah is effectively out of the rally, but will be allowed to continue riding in each stage, as per the newly introduced "Experience" category.
Adrien Metge is ranked 17th overall after Stage 2 of Dakar 2020
After three stages of the rally, Metge is now ranked 12th overall, thanks to that 11th place finish. His team-mate Lorenzo Santolino finished Stage 3 in 13th position, which puts him 16th in the overall standings. Meanwhile, Johnny Aubert took a 21st place finish, which puts him 18th overall after three stages of the rally.
However, it is disappointing that Noah is no longer in the running for an overall position at the 2020 Dakar. Especially because the Indian rider showed such a lot of promise over the course of the first two stages of the rally. After a crash during the first stage left him with a swollen eye, Noah still managed to ride well through Stage 2. He moved from 105th overall to 65th in the overall standings over the course of a single stage. We'll be looking out for his stage performances over the course of the rest of the event.
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet