Daimler India launches the SHD 2436
Truck manufacturer Daimler AG's Indian subsidiary Daimler India Commercial Vehicles Pvt Ltd. (DICV) on Tuesday launched their new Super High Deck (SHD) 2436, manufactured in Oragadam the coach is 15 meter long and has a seating capacity of up to 61 passengers along with a large storage space of about 14 cubic meter.
Markus Villinger, managing director, Daimler Buses India said, "This product, being the longest coach in the country built with strong features, is sure to set benchmarks in ultra-luxury travel. We are excited to be offering a state-of-theart vehicle concept to the Indian market. Inter-city travel becomes more safe, comfortable and modern."
The coach is made of a unique 'aluminique' body design patented by the company which prevents corrosion and has a bolted construction which is more rigid and helps prevent cracking through welds. An intelligent ECU controlling the engine and a high pressure common rail injection pump offers high fuel-efficiency.
The buses get an active steerable tag axle which uses hydraulics to reduce the transfer of weight to the drive axle in heavy vehicles and also reduces the turning circle of the vehicle which makes navigating through sharp turns and bends effortless, they also gets Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and a strategically placed fuel tank for added safety.
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030