Daimler increases its stake in Aston Martin
In the interest of deepening its association with Aston Martin, Mercedes-Benz will be providing the British sports carmaker with electronic and electric parts along with developing special V8 engines for future Aston Martin vehicles. Mercedes' parent company Daimler already holds a four per cent stake in Aston Martin. Informal reports suggest that Daimler is all set to increase its share in Aston by one per cent.
Currently a new engine is being developed for Aston by Mercedes' AMG division. In addition to this, Mercedes is also known to have supplied Aston with electrical components. It is believed that the two will also share platforms in the future which could underpin the new GTs.
This deal between the British and German company has been brokered by InvestIndustrial, the same firm which owns a 37.5 per cent stake in Aston. InvestIndustrial brought this in early 2013.They also brokered a similar deal between Ducati and AMG and later sold the former to the VW group.
We expect Daimler to further increase its stake in Aston in the near future.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones