Coronavirus impact: Mercedes-Benz India adds COVID-19 test centre info to MBUX
Mercedes-Benz India's R and D division, Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (MBRDI), has collaborated with MapMyIndia to add a feature to the MBUX infotainment system that will enable users to navigate to the nearest COVID-19 testing centres using the latest information from ICMR (Indian Council for Medical Research). This has debuted on the recently launched Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV and is expected to be rolled out to other MBUX-equipped cars eventually.
This feature is available at no extra cost, the integration will now allow users real-time information on high risk or no go areas. When requested, the infotainment will display the centre name, address and phone number. The navigation system's hyperlocal mapping and location intelligence features are designed to ensure vehicle owners can travel to these locations seamlessly under the current challenging situations. As a next step, COVID-19 treatment centres and other unique features will be added to the MBUX setup.
Commendably, the MBRDI engineers were able to integrate this feature into the GLS' MBUX infotainment in only two weeks. MBRDI has also made significant contributions to developing MBUX for Mercedes cars globally. For India, the interior voice assistant function has been optimised for use in our conditions. Alongside MBUX, the new GLS also features a new app to control the MercedesMe connected-car features.
Starts Rs 99.9 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet