Coronavirus impact: Hero MotoCorp steps up virus battle, contributes 60 bike ambulances
Hero MotoCorp donates 60 bike ambulances to help battle the Coronavirus pandemic. The bike ambulance is based on the Hero Xtreme 200R and it has been modified with a sidecar feature. The sidecar has a set of wheels with a swingarm and two shock absorbers that will help in a smooth ride for the patients. As the image shows, the patients can be placed flat on the bed.
It also has emergency lights and siren to help with its purpose. The company has already contributed Rs 100 crore to fight the COVID-19 pandemic and half the amount has already been credited to the PM CARES Fund. The bike ambulance is best suited for the rural areas where public transport or basic transport is scarce and patients need to be moved to the hospital immediately. Hero Xtreme 200R is best for the job with its 199.6cc engine that pushes 18PS of power and 17 Nm of torque.
The automotive industry is leading by example in terms of contributing and lending a helping hand in fighting the novel Coronavirus. Many manufacturers are using their plants to make masks and other safety equipments. Others are trying to import testing kits and ventilators along with providing food for the less fortunate during these unprecedented times.
Starts Rs 91,900
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and SBI tie-up to offer financial benefits
- NewsPorsche Taycan sets world record going sideways
- NewsIndia two-wheeler helmet market is projected to grow at a double digit rate, Sidhartha Khurana, STUDDS